Hoy es el 17 de abril.
- Practice Listening activity VII on page 13 of the chapter packet.
- Practice activity (Writing Comp) V on page 12 and 13 of chapter packet. Students were asked to create a subjunctive sentence based off of the indicative tense prompt.
- Subjunctive with Doubt
- Took notes on page 14 of the chapter packet.
- To help with determining words that would prompt the subjunctive versus the indicative, I gave students the opportunity to write flashcards where the words would be in separate colors.
- Practice with the Intentalo activity on page 15 of the packet and Reading comprehension activity II on page 15 of packet.
- Discuss the answers to practice activities.
- Cuaderno de practica page 45 activities 1 and 3. Students had time to start this in class.
- Subjunctive or not practice avtivity.
- Communication activity where students worked with a partner to piece together the necessary words to create a persuasive letter to a fictional company that is contaminating the environment.
- Connect 4, Working with a partner, students played a game in which they practiced their vocabulary with the subjunctive.
- Took a Subjunctive Grammar Check Quiz.
- Study for your Listening Test on Friday and your Reading Comprehension test on Monday.
Hoy es el 19 de abril
- Practice fill-in-the-blank activity with subjunctive or indicative activity prompted on the board.
- Working in groups of 3 or less, students were asked to read the two poems found on page 152 of the textbook. Both poems are fables that contain a moral at the end.
- Students then checked their comprehension with the questions that followed. I also aided in comprehension as I walked through the room since poetry can be a challenge. However, the class did a great job! : )
- We then watched a video over ecotourism in Costa Rica and students will use information from the video for a journal entry tomorrow.
- You can rewatch the video here.
- Turn to page 19 of your chapter packet and fill in the guided notes. Information can be found on pages 146-147 of your textbook or you can go to the supersite and watch a video that I prompted for you.
Hoy es el 20 de abril.